Search Site

This search form uses an instant search feature. As you type, search results will appear automatically below the search field. When you've entered you desired search terms use tab to navigate through the available results and hit enter to open the selected page or document.
Part-Time EBT Program
Part-Time EBT Program
Joppa-Maple Grove Unit School District 38
Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Beginning May 2, Illinois families with school-age children can apply for extra money for food through the Pandemic EBT (P-EBT). Families currently receiving SNAP do not need to apply for P-EBT benefits, because these additional P-EBT benefits will be automatically loaded into Illinois LINK EBT accounts. Families who do not currently receive SNAP benefits but have children who receive free or reduced-priced meals will need to apply directly with the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS).

IDHS created a flyer to help families with the application process. We are asking you to share this flyer with ALL of your families and any community partners who may also be in touch with eligible families. COVID-19 has turned many families’ lives upside down, and we want to spread the message far and wide that the application for this extra money is now available! If families need technical assistance with the application, please direct them to email IDHS at

IDHS has made the application available in both English and Spanish at The fastest way for families to receive benefits is to complete the application for P-EBT available online. (Click “Apply for Benefits” at the link.) However, for schools where technology access may still pose a challenge, a PDF of the application can be printed out in both English and Spanish and distributed to families. Families can use their mobile devices to scan or photograph their completed applications and email them to or send them via regular mail to Central Scan Unit, PO Box 19138, Springfield, IL, 62763. Alternatively, schools can collect the completed paper applications and submit them (as a group) directly to IDHS for processing.